Memorial to Maxwell
The Maxwell Genealogy page has a memorial to Maxwell that was published as an editorial in the Las Vegas, NM, Gazette: “Against Lucien B. Maxwell, no man can say aught, and he died after an active and eventful life, probably without an enemy in the world. Of few words, unassuming and unpretentious, his deeds were the best exponent of the man. He was hospitable, generous and upright, and dispensed large wealth acquired by industry and genius with an open hand to the stranger and the needy.”
- "Fast Horses, Tough Boxers and Big Time Betting." The Gamblers: The Old West. Compiled by Time Life Books Editors. Alexandria, Virginia: 1978.
- Griswold del Castillo, Richard. "Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo: War's End." PBS.org. Retrieved April 20, 2013.
- "Lucien Bonaparte Maxwell: Old West Emperor." The House of Maxwell. The Clan Maxwell Society of the United States of America. Retrieved April 20, 2013.
- "Oliver Loving” The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association.
- Whitlock, Douglas. "Kit Carson's Wives & Kids." Genealogy.com. Posted January 10, 2004. Retrieved April 19, 2013.