Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my Wild West History blog! I love reading and writing about history and am particularly fond of stories from Texas, New Mexico and Colorado. I will occasionally take a trip up to Wyoming, but I am far more familiar with the states where I have lived for the past forty some years. Each of these states has an amazingly rich history filled with people and events that thrill me, chill me, make me smile, and sometimes make me cry. My ancestors are, for the most part, scattered between Ohio and Texas and with the help of my little sister and my cousin, I now have a carefully researched genealogy filled with fascinating stories that I also hope to share on this blog. Please, leave me a comment, share your own story, and make suggestions for topics because I also love talking about history! Enjoy!

No comments:

Christmas dinner for a family, from a series of photos documenting Gen. John J. Pershing's 1916 Punitive Expedition into Mexico. ...